There's no doubt that electric cigarettes are one of the hottest topics in the news and have been for some time now. So many people are using them to supplement or cut down on tobacco that the news media has been forced to sit up and take notice. Unfortunately, they seem to give too much time to the critics who have nothing but bad things to say on the matter.
The question is this: are there any electric cigarette side effects we should be worried about? We already know that traditional tobacco smoking:
- exposes smokers to thousands of chemicals
- exposes non-smokers to harmful second hand smoke
- causes deadly diseases like lung cancer and emphysema
- costs the average smoker thousands of pounds every year.
Electric Cigarette Side Effects
Knowing how bad tobacco cigarettes are, it is important to evaluate electric cigarette side effects in that light. To start with, the evidence is quickly growing to suggest that any side effects from vaping are minor, if they exist at all. Dr. Michael Siegel of the Boston University School of Public health is just one of many experts talking about the research.
There are other organisations, like the American Council on Science and Health, routinely reporting on electric cigarettes and their benefits for harm reduction. These organisations also cite the growing body of evidence suggesting that electric cigarette side effects are nothing to worry about.
Positive Electric Cigarette Side Effects
Now that we've cleared the air, so to speak, let's look at a couple of the positive side effects of vaping. It’s important to note that we're not being sarcastic in any way. The following side effects may not necessarily be related to the public health, but that doesn't make them any less important.
Here they are:
- Financial Savings - The average UK smoker now pays upwards of £8 for a pack of 20 brand-name tobacco cigarettes. Based on the average price of tobacco compared to using a rechargeable electric cigarette, smokers can save up to 70% annually.
- Elimination of Odours - One of the more nasty side effects of smoking tobacco is the disgusting used ashtray smell you carry around with you. Everything smells – from your hair to your clothing and even your home itself. A positive side effect of electric cigarettes is that the used ashtray smell disappears.
- Better Social Life - The nationwide smoking ban instituted in 2007 turned many tobacco smokers into veritable hermits. Social lives were destroyed because people did not want to go to places where smoking was unwelcome. The electric cigarette changes that because it can be used in public places. All over the UK, vapers are taking their social lives back.
- Happier Homes - We would all admit that exposing children to second hand smoke is not good. It can lead to all sorts of illnesses and unhappy moments. However, because e-cigarettes do not actually emit smoke, you are not exposing children or your spouse to it. A happier home might be one of the positive side effects you would experience.
At VAPESTICK, we are proud to offer electric cigarettes that have no serious adverse side effects known at this time. We believe e-cigarettes offer the best and safest alternative to tobacco ever brought to market. With just one try, we are confident you'll agree.
You have nothing to worry about when it comes to electric cigarette side effects. If you are concerned, we encourage you to follow the links above and do the research for yourself. In the meantime, we stand ready with disposable and rechargeable e-cigs, batteries and cartomisers, and all the accessories you'll need.